Like many small businesses in the United States, The Fitting Room has experienced the negative effects of the coronavirus pandemic. As our team relocates from the clients' office, we are forced to work from home. While we are no longer on-site and using the clients' facilities, the expectation to produce remains the same and we need to provide our staff with the resources to complete our projects. Otherwise, we are at risk of losing clients and income.
The Fitting Room, just like millions of other small businesses, must react quickly and find financial support to sustain our business. The race for funding has brought mixed emotions from small business owners across the country.
In an effort to reduce disruption of our business we are transitioning to a fully remote workforce. This is made possible with the help of the State of Maryland and COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund. The COVID-19 crisis has called for our staff to work from home which requires us to supply our team with laptops, top of line software and additional equipment. The grant will allow us to lead our business through the coronavirus crisis without any disruption with our current clients. ⠀
Most importantly, we want to maintain our relationships and reputation of delivering excellent results. The outlook over the next few months is nerve-racking, but satisfied clients always return.
**This project was funded in whole or in part by funds received from the COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund, a Grant program of the Maryland Department of Labor. Support for Maryland’s workforce programs is provided by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. Overall funding total $104 million, of which federal but funds comprise 69 percent. The remaining 31 percent is comprised of state general, special, and reimbursable funds.**